As A Minor, It Is Illegal To Drive With Even A Tiny Bit Of Alcohol In Your System

In Pennsylvania, underage drivers can be charged with a DUI/DWI if their blood alcohol content (BAC) is .02 or higher. This is lower than the BAC of .08 for drivers 21 and older. Underage DUIs include harsher penalties with a conviction, including license suspension, possible jail time and heavy fines. Additionally, the minor offender will have a criminal record, which can affect his or her ability to gain employment or apply for student loans.

At the Law Office of Richard F. Maffett, we represent underage individuals who have been charged with a DUI or drunk driving. We understand the consequences that a conviction can have on a young person's life, so we will advocate vigorously for the best possible outcome at every step.

For a free initial consultation with an experienced lawyer, call us today. We promptly return all messages.

You Could Be Charged With Two Crimes: DUI And Underage Drinking

An underage DUI can often be accompanied by an underage drinking charge. There also are hidden costs associated with a DUI, including higher insurance rates.

For a first offense, underage individuals can often qualify for a pretrial diversionary program, or ARD (Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition). Instead of jail time and license suspension for one year, the program allows for a 60-day license suspension. Instead of jail time, you may instead be required to participate in education and treatment. Individuals are only able to complete an ARD for every 10 years.

With more than 30 years of legal experience, Harrisburg underage DUI attorney Richard Maffett can skillfully advise and advocate for you. He can help determine if ARD is a feasible option for your situation. Mr. Maffett will fight vigorously for your rights, from preparation for the preliminary hearing to the best possible resolution.

Charged With Underage DUI? Call Us Now.

If you are under 21 and have been charged with drunk driving, you need legal help now. Call us today at 717-260-3519 or toll free at 888-246-5561. Or send an email using our secure online form. We will fight your charges.

Initial consultations are free. We accept major credit cards and have flexible payment plans.